This policy explains how Langley School (1960) Ltd collects and uses information via its website.
- Langley School and Langley Prep School at Taverham Hall (the School) are part of Langley School (1960) Ltd.
- The School educates some 900 pupils aged 2 – 13 at Langley Prep School at Taverham Hall and 11 – 18 at Langley School. The School has a strong reputation locally.
- Langley School (1960) Ltd is a charitable company limited by guarantee (reg number 311270).
- The Site is a UK-based website and we take reasonable care to comply with the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’) relating to the personal information you supply on the Site.
- For the purposes of the Act, the data controller is Langley School (1960) Ltd and it is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner for the United Kingdom.
2. Your Personal Data
- From time to time we may ask you to supply personal data on the Site. Personal data is any information that enables us to identify you in some way, such as your name and an email address (‘Information’).
- If you supply us with any Information, we will ensure that your personal data is only used for the purpose for which it was requested and is held securely.
How we will use your Information
As almost all websites do, this website uses a limited number of cookies to help provide you with the best possible user experience. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
Our cookies help us to:
- Improve the speed/security of the site.
- Make our website function correctly.
- Remember your settings during and between visits.
- Allow you to share pages with social networks.
- Anonymously track the use of the website.
- Collect any personally identifiable information.
- Collect any sensitive information.
- Pass data to advertising or affiliate networks.
- Pass personally identifiable data to any third parties.
- Pay any sales commissions.
If the settings on your software that you are using to view this website (your browser) are adjusted to accept cookies we take this, and your continued use of our website, to mean that you are happy with this.
(b) Questionnaires, surveys, competitions or other similar activities
From time to time we may ask you to complete questionnaires or surveys on the Site or invite you to participate in competitions and other similar activities. The personal data collected by us during the course of any such activity will only be used for the purpose stated on the Site in connection with that activity. You may also be given the opportunity to add your address details to our databases so we can contact you in the future. We will only use this information to contact you if you expressly give us permission to do so. The websites server will only store questionnaire data, not contact form requests. Data will be stored for 2 years after which it will be removed from the server. Any contact form information will only be held by the School and used only in the manner of which the details were intended.
(c) Mailing Lists and Newsletters
We may offer you the opportunity to sign up to a mailing list and/or newsletter, but if you subsequently change your mind, you may opt out by notifying us at our Contact email address below.
(d) Requests for information
If you make a request for further information using the contact details given on the Site, the data will only be retained on our web servers as long as is reasonable. Please contact the School for more detailed information.
(e) Other communications
We may use your Information to notify you by email about important functionality changes and alterations to the Site, but if you do not wish to receive any such communications, please notify us using our Contact email address below.
4. Updating your Information
If any of your Information changes, please notify us at the below Contact email address.
5. Links to Third Parties’ Sites
6. Who we may share your Information with
We will not sell, distribute or disclose your Information without your consent, unless required or permitted to do so by law.
The Site uses a security system that protects your Information from unauthorised use. However, as no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we cannot take responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
8. Changes to Privacy Notice
Our Privacy Notice may change from time to time. In this case, the amended version will be published on the Site.
9. Social media platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save their request to share a web page respectively through their social media platform account.
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls.
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
10. Resources and further information
Data Protection Act 1998
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide
Langley School (1960) Ltd. E: email@example.com